Wednesday 29 August 2012

Lash Love #1: MAC 34 Lash

Hey everyone!

Its probably no secret to you all that I am a serious lash-a-holic. Seriously, I love them. Even when I take them off, forget where I put them, then get the bejeesus scared outta me when I find them and think they're spiders!

My MAC lashes however, I treat with a bit more respect. Especially considering they come in such a neat little case, making it hella lot easier to care and maintain them properly. The 34 lash is the most recent addition to my lash collection, and they are simply beautiful:

 
MAC 34 Lash
 
MAC describes these on their website as "dramatically long. Wispy. Features a long, wing-cornered edge." I totally agree! However, on their website, they omit to mention that some of the lash strands in the strip are actually BROWN. Ooo, I've never tried brown or at least part-brown lashes before. As always, I try everything with an open mind! I'm glad I do, because look at the lashes on...
 
 


 
Brown strands are visible in this close up shot.
 
How super flattering are these? I wanted to keep the eyes neutral so that you can see the lashes clearly, without any loud make up detracting from them! In these pictures I am wearing some shades from my trusty naked palette (Buck and Naked, I think) and these lashes perfectly complement this natural, day time look.
 
With regards to application, the 34 lash was exceptionally easy to apply, due to it being lightweight and the strip being flexible. I used my usual DUO adhesive to apply them. These lashes were also a good size, and I didn't need to trim them. Thanks to the wispiness of these lashes, they were also comfortable to wear. You know the heavy feeling you get about halfway through the day, when all you want to do is rip your lashes off, and William Wallace stylee, scream 'FREEDOM!!' Yeah, I didn't get that with the 34 lash.
 
I would say that the 34 lash is great for a daytime look, to add some oomph to your own lashes. The flipside of this is, that if you want to achieve a more dramatic eye look, then you should probably choose a completely black lash. I would certainly recommend these to false lash newbies, thanks to ease of application and wear.
 
The 34 lash is £10.00 and is available at MAC counters and online MAC.
 
More lash love coming soon!

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment