Thursday 24 October 2013

MAC Rich Purple Chromagraphic Pencil

One of the main reasons why I buy my MAC products from the MAC US site, as opposed to my native UK site, is that MAC PRO products are available to purchase on the US site. I'm well aware that PRO products are available in the UK via telephone orders, but it's just that much easier to add my PRO products to my online orders rather than making two separate ones!!

My recent PRO purchase was a Chromagraphic Pencil in Rich Purple. These super soft pencils are multi-use, so you can use them wherever you so desire on your face or body. There are, however, some colours that are unsafe for eye use, and some which are unsafe for use on the lips. Rich Purple, is safe for use on both these areas. I have a Halloween eye look planned with this pencil, which I will show next week, but today, I can show you how I used Rich Purple as a super gorgeous lip product.


Rich Purple Chromagraphic Pencil


You can probably see from the swatch above, Rich Purple is a very soft pencil. I personally liked this about it, as it means that when I come to use it on my eyes, it won't feel like I'm dragging it across my skin! 



Following from yesterday's post of Talk That Talk lipstick, I thought 'huh, I wonder if Rich Purple would make a good liner for this patchy-@$$ lipstick?' As you can see above, Rich Purple applies nice and evenly (unlike Talk That Talk liner, which was hard work), so my reasoning was that Rich Purple would make Talk That Talk lipstick look smoother than on top of its counterpart liner. 




NOPE! Talk That Talk is still a big ol' patchy white hot mess. Le sigh. Never mind, I'm hanging my hopes on Nars' Train Bleu when I get round to ordering it!

Have you tried any of the MAC Chromagraphic Pencils? What are your favorite MAC PRO products? 





No comments:

Post a Comment