Thursday 19 December 2013

Etude House x Minnie Mouse Nail Polish Collection



Disney collaborations with beauty houses are quite possibly this makeup junkie's biggest weakness! Over the past years, I've fallen hard for Paul and Joe's Alice in Wonderland collection, MAC's Venomous Villains collection, and more recently, Anna Sui's Minnie Mouse makeup and nail polish collection. Items that are high on my wish list are the Sephora Disney Princess Storybooks, but I refuse to sell a kidney to be able to buy them off eBay!

When I saw that Etude House has produced a Minnie Mouse collection featuring polishes, lashes, and an incredibly cute highlighter, the Disney fan inside me kicked into overtime! The polishes, in my opinion, are the most interesting part of the collection. Let's take a look at them! 




Etude House x Minnie Mouse black mix 
(index finger)


Unfortunately, my Korean language skills are non-existent, so I don't know if these polishes have names! I've created my own, based on descriptions! Black mix has black Minnie heads with bright pink, white, and black glitter mix. There are also white hexagons and larger pink hexagons in the mix, but these were extremely difficult to fish out!


Etude House x Minnie Mouse white bow mix
(on ring finger)

White bow mix has large white bows, with large white hexagons, small iridescent lavender squares, and microfine pink glitter. This was one of the easier glitters to work with, as there wasn't so many large bits of glitter to have to fish out! The microfine glitter and lavender applied evenly around the nail. It only took me a couple of attempts to get one of the large white hexagons onto my brush!


Etude House x Minnie Mouse silver bow mix
(middle finger)

Whilst this was the easiest polish to work with, I also found it to be the most boring of the glitters. Silver bow mix has silver bow pieces, large white hexagons, and mid-size lavender circle glitter, all in a microfine silver glitter base. The bows were on the brush when I opened the bottle, so I just swiped them on! This would look better on a darker polish, for contrast. 


Etude House x Minnie Mouse white mix
(little finger)

This polish was my favorite of the collection! I loved this polish purely because the mix of glitters is very pretty. There is microfine pink and white glitters, mixed with larger pink and white circles, and larger still lavender circles. The Minnie heads, were unfortunately, hard to fish out. 

I loved this polish range not only for the Disney factor, but also because these are really interesting glitter polishes! Etude House has done a really good job with the Minnie Mouse collection, and I think with the added publicity this collection has brought to Etude House, the brand will become increasingly popular outside of Asian countries. These polishes were my first foray into Asian beauty brands, and I've made a few more purchases since trying these! I bought my polishes from Beauty Net Korea. They are based in South Korea, and offer free delivery that's super fast!

Have you tried any Etude House products? What has been your all time favorite Disney makeup collaboration?

No comments:

Post a Comment