Thursday 12 December 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC Holiday: Bad Girl RiRi and Pleasurebomb lipsticks

This week has seen the release of the third and final RiRi Hearts MAC collection, on both sides of the Atlantic. If, like me, (and a about a million other MAC addicts) you've probably experienced a hella struggle to get the items from this Holiday launch! Like, a mountain of struggle. I think the words 'unicorn riding a rainbow' come to my mind, after the amount of sheer site-stalking, waiting in a virtual 'waiting-room' and queuing up in busy department stores I've done in the past seven days! Ah, but it was all worth it...


'My Precioussssss!'

The RiRi Hearts MAC Holiday collection comprises of twelve items, including a brush, makeup bag, and a nail polish to match the staple lipstick from all three collections, RiRi Woo. I'm not gonna show you RiRi Woo again in this post, you can read my review on it here. I am however, going to show you the two new lipsticks in this Holiday collection: Bad Girl RiRi and Pleasurebomb.


Bad Girl RiRi





Pleasurebomb


How gorgeous is the white and rose gold combo packaging? I love it! I even prefer it to the Fall packaging, which was all rose gold. Bad Girl RiRi is a rose toned nude with a matte finish. Pleasurebomb is a vibrant fuchsia with a matte finish. Both these lipsticks had a flawless application that was smooth and fully opaque in two swipes. They wore on me like regular MAC matte lipsticks; up to four hours, with fading after the third. It is noteworthy that Pleasurebomb left a slight stain on my lips up until I washed my face. 


Swatches in direct sunlight


Bad Girl RiRi 




Pleasurebomb



I really like Pleasurebomb, but I have a feeling that I could probably find an inexpensive dupe for it either on the highstreet here, or in an American drugstore. Bad Girl RiRi on the other hand is unique, especially to my lipstick collection. I very much doubt that I'd find a pink nude that suits me as much as BGRR! I'm glad I managed to score myself a backup. I pretty much refreshed the Nordstrom about 100 times in one night just to get my hands on it, but it was so worth it. Look, over there! Is that a unicorn riding a rainbow? Haha. 

Have you battled online or instore to bag yourself some RiRi Hearts MAC Holiday goodies? What did you pick up? Is there anything you wanted, but couldn't get your hands on it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment