Sunday 22 April 2012

Les Jeans de Chanel: Swatches, Review and Comparisons

This is a collection that I have been looking forward to for ages! Les Jeans de Chanel is trio of varnishes in varying shades of blue to reflect different washes of denim. Check them out:-





Thumb and Index finger:- Coco Blue
Middle and Pinky finger:- Blue Boy
Ring finger:- Blue Rebel


I absolutely loved the manicure I did with the Jeans trio- hence the amount of pictures! I think that all three shades work really well together. My absolute favorite varnish out of the three is Coco Blue- check out the subtle silvery shimmer in the bottle and on my nail. The application on these varnishes was good. The formula was not too thick or too runny, and the brush was standard- long and thin bristles. I will say try not to rush with these varnishes, otherwise you will end up with air bubbles. I also used a good basecoat under these varnishes- they WILL stain your nails otherwise! I also used my topcoat to give these the glossy shine you see in the pictures- they tend to dull quite quickly otherwise.

When I removed this manicure, I had the intention to redo my whole hand in just Coco Blue. It was just as I was reaching for it when I realised that I had some other veeery similar varnishes in my collection. Check this out:-



Index finger:- No7 Minty Fresh
Middle finger:- Revlon Blue Lagoon
Ring finger:- Chanel Coco Blue
Pinky finger:- Maybelline Ceramic Blue


As you can see, the closest shade to the Chanel Coco Blue is the No7 Minty Fresh varnish. However, Minty Fresh is a block colour whith no shimmer or glitter particles. Revlon's Blue Lagoon has very fine silver glitter in it, not too unlike the shimmer in Coco Blue, but Blue Lagoon's shade is a lot lighter than Coco Blue. Maybelline's Ceramic Blue is an absolutely beautiful shade (with perfect application, I might add), but it learns toward being a very soft lavender shade. It has a very subtle blue shimmer to it that is obvious in the bottle, but very difficult to see on the nail. So, even there are no exact dupes for Coco Blue, there are cheaper alternatives that are just as pretty.

I took this next picture under the artificial light in my kitchen because you can see the shimmer in the nail varnishes better:-


So what do you think? Will you be buying any of the Jeans de Chanel collection? Or having seen the comparisons of Coco Blue next to cheaper alternatives will you be choosing them instead? I'd love to read your thoughts!




No comments:

Post a Comment