Tuesday 17 April 2012

My Nail of the Day #3 Max Factor Max Effect in Dazzling Blue

The blogosphere has been awash with swatches and reviews of Max Factor's Fantasy Fire. I think this os hugely down to the fact that Fantasy Fire has a lot of similarities to the now discontiunued Clarins 230. Blogging pals in the US have gone wild for this polish, now that Max Factor is now longer available in the States.

However, while this Fantasy Fire storm has been roaring on (geddit?), I have been looking at the other 40+  shades Max Effect collection. And thats how I found Dazzling Blue:-








I have taken pictures of Dazzling Blue in a couple of rooms in my flat where the lighting differs. Some of these shots are taken in my front room where there's plenty of natural sunlight and others are taken in my corridor to try and capture some of the glow in this varnish.

You can probably see in the well lit pictures that Dazzling Blue has a beautiful shimmer to it. You can also see in the bottle that the turquoise has a purple duochrome, but this is not so obvious once its on the nail. You can see it in some of the pictures, but you may wish to enlarge the pictures to see it better.

Formula wise, this is a nice varnish to work with. However, I would recommend that you do take your time with it, otherwise it will bubble. Also, ensure you use thin coats, as it can be prone to streaking. Unfortunately, Dazzling Blue is rather sheer, and I used four coats to get the colour you see on my nails, as at three coats I could still see my nail outline underneath. The brush on this varnish is pretty decent, despite it being a mini. Much better than the OPI mini brushes, which are the bane of my blogging existence!

Anyway, I hope you all liked my swatches and review of Dazzling Blue! (Hey, I rhymed!) Do you prefer this of Fantasy Fire? Are any of my transatalantic readers wanting to try this varnish? Feel free to e mail me if ever you should want to do a bottle swap!

2 comments:

  1. I like this polish surprisingly, looks quite like Models Own, Indian Ocean...? :) xo

    thegirlsbeautyreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are quite similar although Dazzling Blue is more turquoise than Indian Ocean. I might do a comparison soon, as they are both beautiful polishes.

    ReplyDelete