Tuesday 24 April 2012

No7 and Poppy King Rain Drops Lip Crayons

Well, rain drops is appropriate for the weather here in Birmingham!

Complaints about the weather aside, I'm here to talk about this new range of lip crayons designed by the Lipstick Queen, Poppy King for No7. These were released about four weeks ago, but I've just been so snowed under with Open Uni work, that I just haven't got round to even opening them until today! There are five lip crayons in this range, and I picked up two of them. Let's take a look:-



Cute packaging with 'raindrops' pattern on the
box and lip crayon itself.


As you can see the lid itself is a sharpener for the crayon.
I like this, as it means I don't have to carry any additional
sharpeners just to accomodate the product. I hate that.
When a company brings out a fab product, but ho!
You have to buy the product specific sharpener too! Gr.


I like how the colour of the of the lip crayon's tube is
the same colour as the product inside.
Makes it easier to spot the right one in a busy make up bag!


The Poppy king signature on the tube is a nice touch.
I also like how the shade name is also on the tube.


Shade names:- left: Singing, right: Playing.

And here's how they look on my lips:-


Singing


Playing

As you can see, Singing is a soft fuchsia pink colour. It isn't as bold on the lip as it looks in the tube, and the colour you see in the picture above is fairly built up. This is a shame, as it means I'm probably going to get through the tube pretty quickly.


I had to build the colour up on Playing too, but not quite as much. The consistency of Playing is thicker than Singing, and unfortunately at one point, part of the caryon just kinda smushed onto my lips in a big lump. I might pop the in the fridge to firm it up a bit before I next use it. The colour however, is beautiful. It is a orangey apricot colour with a slight shimmer to it. It looks great on my skintone. I can't wait to do a look using this and a lavender eyeshadow on my eyes.


What I liked:

  • great texture- the Lip Crayons feel wonderful on the lips. Balmy, non-sticky and don't dry lips out.
  • The built in sharpener in the lid is great! No mess, no extra weight and more hygienic.
  • The colours are awesome. The other three colours in the range are pretty, too.
  • The packaging is both attractive and functional. I can see clearly which colour to pick in my make up bag .
  • I like how No7 have teamed up with Poppy King- it means I can own a product by the Lipstick Queen for about half of what her own brand range of lipsticks cost. (Aptly named Lipstick Queen)
  • No7 often have the £5 vouchers on, making these an absolute bargain when you redeem one of the vouchers against them! (These retail at £11.50)

What I didn't like

  • Not much to be honest! The range could possibly be bigger, I would not say no to more shades!
  • The formula on Playing was a bit thick. This is easily remedied by popping it into the fridge for a while to firm it up a bit.
So, have I tempted you to try one of these Lip Crayons? Let me know your thoughts!
  • 

2 comments:

  1. Wow not seen these before, can't wait to try one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awesome. I can't describe just how good they feel on the lips. I am definately going to be trying the other colour that were in the range. I think they would be quite nice blended together too!

      Delete