Wednesday 25 April 2012

Illamasqua Fundamental Palette- Three Different Looks



As promised, here is my in depth review of the Illamasqua Fundamental Palette. I try not to do what a lot of other blogs do, which is swatch products on my hand/arm. I know as a blog reader, the thing that I want to see the most, and find most useful is actually seeing the product in action. Therefore, I am going to show you three eye looks I created with tbe Fundamental palette, so you can see just how the four shadows inside work together:-

As a reminder, here is the palette again:-


Without flash


With flash

From l-r clockwise: Powder Shadow in Hype, Liquid Metal in Surge,
Powder Shadow in Inception, Cream Pigment in Bedaub.

So, I was playing around with the palette and I knew straightaway I wanted to recreate something akin to the look Illamasqua created here:-



 
I absolutely LOVE this look, it's by far my favourite look of the Human Fundamentalism story, and probably the easiest to wear at daytime. Here is my interpretation of it:-









I started by building up Inception powder eyeshadow up and above my cocket crease, building iu up even higher into a flick at the outer corner of my eye. I then used Surge metal pigment to trace a line on top of where I had blended Inception. I took this line up to the outer tip of my eyebrowand then back down to the outer corner of my eyesocket and lined all the way underneath my lower lashes. I then took Bedaub cream pigment and built this up above where I'd lined Inception with Surge, thus 'sandwiching' the Surge line. I took Bedaub right out towards the outer corner of my eye, near to the tip of my brow. Finally, I connecting all the lines, by using Surge to highlight under my brow arch. I connecting this line to the other Surge line at the inner corner of my eye. I topped this look off with a set of Eyelure Girls Aloud eyelashes (the Nadine ones) I hope this long description makes sense!

I then created this colour clashing look:-






So here I used Surge liquid metal to line underneath my lower lashes. I then used Hype in the inner corner of my eye, blending upwards above my socket crease. I then blended Inception in the outer corner of my eye and then blended upwards and over Hype. I then continued my line of Surge to just flick up the outer corner of my eye next to Inception. I used some No 7 false eyelashes (Intense Volume) here, and I think they look pretty good, by complimenting but not overpowering the look.

And finally, I wanted to show everyone just how versatile the Fundamental palette is by creating an easy to do daytime look. As part of their Human Fundamentalism collection, Illamasqua have created a beautiful neutrals palette, but I created the look below using the Urban Decay Naked Palette:-





Here I used Virgin from the Naked palette to highlight my brow arch. I then blended Hype in the inner corner of my eye blending outwards and up over my socket crease. I then blended Naked powder in the centre of my eyelid, which I then went back and blended more Hype into, so there was no obvious line where the two eyeshadows met. Finally, I took Buck from the Naked palette and winged this up from the outer corner of my eye, and blended above Naked to give a smoked out effect. I finished the look off with Zero eyeliner and another set of No 7 false eyelashes (Natural Volume)

So there you go, those are the three looks I'm currently experimenting with using the Fundamental palette. Hopefully I have shown you just how versatile this product is! Have you tried anything from the Human Fundamentalism range? If so, let me know what, and how have you used it?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment