Monday 11 June 2012

Jubilation Celebrations

Hey everyone!

Well, unless you were living under a rock, you will know that it was the Queen's Diamond jubilee last week. The UK was awash with jubilee limited editions of virtually everything. Vaseline lip therapy, M&Ms, Clarins Hand Lotion.... the list goes on (and on.)

Anyways, the one limited edition product that struck my eye was the gorgeous, glittering Nails Inc Jubilee top coat. Observe:-






I took pics of Jubilee in various different lights so you guys can see just how beautiful it is! Jubilee is a red, blue and silver glitter in a clear varnish. I layered it over some blue, red and white nail paints to achieve a full on, patriotic look! These varnishes are: Rimmel I <3 Lasting Finish in Azure (blue), Nails Inc Milan (red) and Barry M Nail Paint in Matt White. I particularly love how Jubilee looks layered on top of the Matt White, as it really makes the colours of the glitter 'pop'.

And of course, the jubilee celebrations wouldn't have been complete without cake! I recently received a Jubilee special edition of Cake Decorating magazine, which had these beautiful cupcake wrappers and flags, and Sainsburys had the blue, red and white non-pareils on special offer! Here are my home made Jubilee cupcakes:-



So I'd like to know, how did you celebrate her Maj's jubilee?

No comments:

Post a Comment