Friday 24 August 2012

50 Shades of Birthday Party!

...no, its not me that's 50, its my mum. Last Saturday she reached the landmark of half a century young, and my family and me threw her a party to celebrate in style!

Of course, there was no way I was celebrating without my nails painted! However, just lately my nails have been in absolutely shocking condition, so I decided that for this special occasion, I would apply some stick-on nails (which normally I try to steer clear of), and paint them in something sparkly!



No 7 Stay Perfect Glitter Top Coat in Gold
layered over Barry M Special Effects in Gold Foil.
 


 
So what do you guys think? Personally I was really impressed with the stick on nails. I used Broadway Real Life Nails in the Short length, and with the exception of the nail on my middle finger which looks kinda bulky, all the other nails look rather natural! Impressed. The nails were also really easy to apply, as they had numbered tabs which could then be snapped off once the false nail had dried to you nail. Simple, and less mess. Thumbs up from me!
 
I absolutely adored the polish combo. Gold foil effect and glitter? Yes and yes. 'Nuff said.
 
I also decided to make a cake for my mum. Although I'm not so confident in my cake making skills that I wanted this to be her main birthday cake, I certainly wanted to create something extra special.
 

My mum's birthday cake!


By the way, the cake was delicious! Sponge with buttercream and raspberry jam. It was awesome with a cuppa!

And, here's some snaps of me and the Birthday Girl herself. Don't you think we look alike?


Me and Mum are rocking dresses from Dorothy Perkins.
Chloe's dress is from Primark.
 

 
Just thought I'd show off a cute pic of my daughter!
 
So, how have you guys been? x

No comments:

Post a Comment