Friday 31 August 2012

L'Oreal Chrome Intensity Eyeshadow - Eye Look and Review

Hey guys!

Here is a look I did this week with a L'Oreal Chrome Intensity eyeshadow in Blue Jeans. This shadow had been catching my eye in the shops for a while because of it's deep, royal blue colour and shimmer.

 
Blue Jeans.
 
 
Without flash.

 
With flash. Damn chrome effect packaging- almost blinding!
 

 
Ooo. Look at that shimmer. Beautiful!
 
 
 

This look was super easy to create. I started by tracing a faint line above my socket crease using a blue eyeliner. I then used a dampened MAC 272 brush (sadly now discontinued) to pack the eyeshadow colour within the traced line, and blended it into and above the line, to avoid a harsh 'sketched-on' look.
 
I then wanted to give this gorgeous blue, what I consider to be an 'imperial' look -I think I'd been reading about Russian tsars! So, I lined my upper lid with a 17 Cosmetics Starry Eyes Liquid Eye Liner in Stardust, a dense gold glitter liner. These eyeliners are da BOMB! Seriously, for less than £4, you can pick these up, and in they're just as good as the Urban Decay or Too Faced glitter liners. They apply well, with a good amount of glitter, and they don't feel gritty or irritable on my skin. Result.
 
The eyeshadow is an awesome colour, however the pigment is seriously lacking. I originally attempted to apply Blue Jeans with a dry brush, but soon gave that up as a bad job! The sponge applicator that come in the case is also pointless- it just didn't deposit enough shadow and it looked washed out. However with a damp brush, and some perserverance in packing the shadow on,  the result is pretty good! I also found it easily blendable, especially when my 272 brush had dried after packing the colour on. I just wish that L'Oreal did this colour in it's Color Infallible range, because the formula and pigment on those shadows ROCKS.
 
Starry Eyes Glitter Eyeliners are £3.99 and are available exclusively in Boots stores or on boots.com
 
L'Oreal Chrome Intensity Eyeshadows are around £6, and are available from Boots or Superdrug.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment