Monday 13 August 2012

MAC Electric Cool Eyeshadow

MAC have recently released a collection of eyeshadows that have the most unusual texture! The Electric Cool range has a consistency that is somewhere between a foam and a gel. Not dissimilar to L'Oreal's Color Infallible eyeshadows, but slightly more moist. Kinda bouncy. There were 12 different colours in the range and I plumped for Fashion Circuit, a bright shimmery teal green colour.


Without flash


With Flash






To show just how bright and shimmery Fashion Circuit is, I took some pictures in direct sunlight.



Other products I used are: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden, Urban Decay 24:7 eyeliner pencil in Zero, Benefit Magic Ink Liquid Liner, and two shades from Urban Decay's Naked Palette (the first palette) in Virgin and Creep. My lashes are some Girls Aloud Festival Lashes that I've had for a while but not used. Brows are done with Benefit Browzings in Medium.

I really enjoyed using this shadow, the texture is out of this world and is loaded with pigment. I have read some reviews in which other bloggers have found the more neutral Electric Cool shades to be quite poor in pigment, but Fashion Circuit was nice and bold. I think the way these shadows are applied make all the difference: try packing the colour on with a stiff bristled brush as opposed to a fluff brush, and use in a patting motion, as opposed to sweeping the colour on.

Have you tried the Electric Cool shadows? Are you loving or leaving them?

3 comments: