Saturday 8 September 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 8- Metallic Nails

Hey guys!

So the Metallic nails challenge had me scratching my head. What could I do? What untried nail polish could I incorporate? What nail art should I attempt? Then, the idea came to come one night. I think I even wrote it down. Here is the fruition of my idea:-


Boom!
 
What would be better and more metallic-y than metallic foil nail wraps!? Not to mention quicker than painting nails in lacquer and waiting for them to dry. What's more, the Nail Rock wraps were an abosolute bargain:-
 
 
50p!!
 
Yes, you are seeing right! I was in New Look the other day looking at the W7 nail polish slection (they didn't have much, and certainly not the ones I wanted), but they did have a massive selection of nail wraps for fifty pence. The majority of the selection was Giles for New Look, but I found these Nail Rock wraps lurking somewhere at the back.
 
Now this is only the second time in my 27 years that I have tried nail wraps, and my first time was only the other week! I must say that although there are lumps and ridges in the wraps in this mani, it is nothing compared to my first attempt! These tricky little suckers get easier with practise.
 


 
I can't wait to try more nail wraps. They seem a great way to get a detailed manicure without all the hassle. Yeah, I know its technically cheating, but ocasionally when time is in short supply, these are ideal. I have my eye on some Models Own nail wraps and some exotic print Nail Rock wraps. Ooo, and I may just have to hunt down the Meadham Kirchoff Nail Rock wraps that Topshop were selling earlier this year. Stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment