Friday 4 January 2013

17 Dazzle The Night Collection- Swatches and Review

Hey everybody,

I love the Boots' own brand 17 Cosmetics, ever since I first got into make up. I can always remember them doing glow in the dark nail varnish waaaay before anyone else came up with the idea! this is why I always pay particular attention to the new products that 17 brings out. Nostalgia mixed with the excitement of a new product will do that to any beauty junkie!

These nail varnishes known as the 'Dazzle the Night' collection were 17's Christmas offering. AND I LOVE THEM!!! Take a look:-



Glimmer in the Night



Close up shot


Wishing Star


Glimmer in the Night is a darkened slate grey with a mix of heavy and fine silver glitter. In the pictures I am wearing two coats, and its fully opaque at two. Its quite a thirsty polish, so I recommend two layers of top coat to smooth it over. Rimmel have brought out a range called Precious Stones in which there is a similar polish to this. I will review it to see if they are dupes, but at first glance, they are particularly similar. Therefore, I'm not too gutted that this 17 polish is a Limited Edition.

Wishing Star, however, I am going to buy some back up bottles of. Photos do not do it justice. In these pictures you can see that it is a gold iridescent polish, but in certain lights (especially under my light bulbs at home!) it has a yellowy-green glow. I would like to swatch this again, layered on top of another polish, to see if I can tease that green color out some more! Seriously, you need to try this polish.

These polishes are £2.99, and are available from Boots. But be quick, or I'll be snapping up all the Wishing Star!



No comments:

Post a Comment