Wednesday 2 January 2013

Barry M Xmas Limited Edition Nail Paints

Hey y'all!

First of all, a super big apology for not blogging in a while. I've kinda made it my New Year resolution to dedicate more time to my little space of the internet!! So for my first post back, I have a real treat!

You may have spotted these four polishes in Boots and Superdrug over the festive period. Barry M were offering a free limited edition nail paint when you spent over £6 on Barry M make up. Easy done, right? Boots' two nail paints were a metallic gold and a metallic pink, whereas Superdrug's two were a metallic teal and a glitter topcoat. Let's take a look:-



Boots Limited Edition Nail Paint 2012-A



Boots Limited Edition Nail Paint 2012-B




Superdrug Limited Edition Nail Paint 2012-A and 2012-B

My favourite combination? Easily the Boots metallic gold with the Superdrug glitter top coat layered on top. That said, I loved all of these nail paints, and I'm gutted they're limited edition! I loved the metallic finish- if you click to enlarge the pictures, you'll see that they're not like the regular Barry M Metallic Foil nail paints. These have a gold fleck in them, making them look like sweet wrappers on the nail! 

The formula on the glitter top coat was fine, I used two coats of it on all of these manis. The metallic nail paints went on quite thick, so just use thin coats or you will experience bubbling. On a separate note, the blue and pink polishes were a pain to get and accurate picture of! Not entirely the polishes' fault, I hate how we in the UK are only getting about six hours of decent sunlight at the moment!

I'd love to read your thoughts on these, and how you painted your nails over New Years!



1 comment:

  1. Your nails look amazing darling, they are fabulous colours!

    Eda x

    ReplyDelete