Friday 18 October 2013

MUA and Fashionista mini haul!

Today's weather has been absolutely pants, and as such, I haven't been able to take any decent swatch photos of my last RiRi Hearts MAC Fall lippie! However, what I do have to show you is a mini that arrived from MUA the other week!

You may already know that MUA is owned by the same parent company as Fashionista,which when the brand was pulled out of Superdrug stores, it became available to buy from the main MUA website, at drastically reduced price points. Yes!

I was always keen to have a Fashionista palette, so a few of their eyeshadows got added to my cart! The look I created the other week was using Fashionista Double Take Baked Eyeshadow in Trendsetter, Fashionista Secret Gel Eyeliner in Cute Route and MUA Liquid Eyeliner in shade 3 (a bargain, for just £1!)



Trendsetter


Cute Route, Shade 3, Trendsetter.

How gorgeous is Trendsetter in the pan?! I was impressed not only by the quality of this eyeshadow, but also the size of the pan- its huge! I shocked that such a good product and such a generous amount of product cost me the grand total of £1.65. Yep, this beautiful eyeshadow cost me less than a single bus ticket in Birmingham! And the Secret Gel Eyeliner? £1.50. Fashionista is truly for a Recessionista! 



I used the Secret Gel eyeliner as a lid colour and a base for the baked powder eyeshadow to adhere to. I then simply buffed the powder eyeshadow up and out towards the brow bone. Trendsetter blended out really easily with a MAC 224 brush and had a good amount of pigment to it. Trendsetter is also quite glittery, due to its baked nature, and you can probably see it best in the close up shot of my eye. I then did a simple gold line using the MUA Eyeliner in Shade 3. I have a few of these £1 eyeliners by MUA, and I love them! (I just wish they did more colours in this formula- hint hint, MUA!)

All three products lasted well throughout the day, staying vibrant for around six hours, fading after the seventh hour, and needing a refresh after eight hours. However, this is probably due to the eyeshadow being a baked product, which for me, don't tend to last as long as a standard powder eyeshadow. 


Daylight.


Artificial light with flash.

Have you tried any of the Fashionista products? If so, what are your favourties? Share in the comments section! 




No comments:

Post a Comment