Wednesday 9 July 2014

MAC Moody Blooms collection: Black Ivy fluidline look

MAC's latest collection Moody Blooms arrived in the UK last week, and I must say it's gorgeous. Blooming gorgeous, in fact. (Ha.) Unlike the Fantasy of Flowers collection released in January which was full of sweet feminine pinks and soft yellowy greens, Moody Blooms is exactly that. Moody, dark sensual shades that would definitely not be out of place in Poison Ivy's makeup bag.

Described by MAC as "Exotic, night-blooming flowers with a hint of danger inspire a hothouse of seductive shades. Sensual colours shroud eyes in earthy metallic Eye Shadows and lips suggest hidden motives with deep blue plum and dark berry hues of Sheen Supreme Lipstick. Bronze Powder Blush provides a final adrenaline surge before these beauties dissolve into the night."

Hint of danger, ooh err! I must say that I really liked the pieces in this collection. The colors remind me of Indulge collection from last Fall, which I hauled BIG time from!

Today I have created a look using Black Ivy fluidline and three of the eyeshadows from this collection. Have a look at Black Ivy in the pot:-


Black Ivy is the most perfect blackened teal eyeliner! The only other product I have that's similar is MAC Siahi fluidline, but that's lighter and bluer than Black Ivy. Black Ivy is pure love, and its most definitely worth getting a back up of it for your makeup stash!


MAC Moody Blooms


That's Black Ivy lining both upper and lower lash lines. I buffed the lower line out with Green Room eyeshadow, and then buffed that out with Lucky Green eyeshadow. (Lucky Green is also permanent, so you can pick it up anytime!) On the top lid I used Stars n Rockets eyeshadow with Hidden Motive in the crease and outer corner. I already had Stars n Rockets in my kit, which is a dupe for Blooming Mad, an eyeshadow released in this collection. I always try and find dupes for MAC limited edition products, both in the MAC permanent range and other brands, because I know that if I fall in love with something, I won't be able to buy it again. MAC does sometimes re promote limited edition items, but its seldom something that I want! Toxic Tale please, MAC?!? Pretty please!

Did you pick up anything from Moody Blooms? What MAC products would you like to see re-promoted? 


No comments:

Post a Comment