Sunday 11 May 2014

MAC Playland lipstick: swatch and layering combos!


 So you've probably seen swatches of Playland lipstick before, either here on my blog or somewhere else in cyberspace. It is a gorgeous yellow frost lipstick, that is certainly unique to my stash! However it is sheer, as you can see from my swatch below, and I've found that the true versatility (and fun) of Playland comes from layering it on top of other lip products!








MAC Playland lipstick








I have two Playland layer combos to show you today, however I will definitely be adding more pics to this post the more I experiment with the lipstick!

COMBO ONE: Playland layered over Hi-Def Cyan Chromagraphic Pencil 



I loved this combination- its not for the faint hearted though! I think if I was going to attempt this again, I would definitely apply some self tan beforehand. It kinda washes me out here. Unlike combo two...

COMBO TWO: Playland layered over GOSH cosmetics Neon Orange lip pencil. 



I haven't changed any other part of my makeup in this picture other than my lip makeup, and look how much warmer I look! Proof that orange lippie is easier to wear than blue, lol! I absolutely adored wearing this combo: Playland applied particularly well over the GOSH liner, and I had so many compliments on my lipstick! I shall definitely be wearing this again.

As I said, I will be trying out a few more franken lippies over the next couple of days. I have a feeling that Playland is going to look amazing layered over Heroine lipstick...  



No comments:

Post a Comment