Friday 17 February 2012

MUA and Love Hearts Collaboration Swatches and Review

I have finally got round to swatching all six of the MUA Love Hearts Nail Varnishes! Feast your eyes on these little lovelies:-


The six varnishes.


I Want U (Orange Shade)

U & I (Yellow Shade)

I <3 U


U & I. This shade surprised me, as it looks very soft and pastel in the bottle. In reality it is more of a bright sherbet shade. Still nice though, as it's not often you see a good yellow colour in spring collections. This makes me think of Easter- fluffy chicks and the like :)


I Want U. Again, this surprised me as it looks softer in the bottle. This is a nice bright orange creme lacquer, without being borderline neon. Cheerful.


I <3 U. A dusty pink creme. I would say that this has a touch of lilac in, as it does not seem a true pink. A beautiful colour, that soothed my eyes after the two bright shades above!



Love U 24/7 (Purple Shade)

U Rok (Blue Shade)



U R Fab (Sorry for the dry cuticle situation- it's being resolved this evening!)


U Rok. A deep cornflower blue creme.


Love U 24/7. This looks really lilac in the photo, but in reality, its much more of a deeper purple. I think the picture above is a bit more true to life.



U R Fab. A plummy magenta colour. This and I <3 U are the two more reserved colours of the collection.

The application of these was a bit of a mixed bag. U Rok and Love U 24/7 bubbled upon application, you can see this on my pinky finger in the pictures. I had to redo a few nails in these colours. You need to take your time with these two, do thin coats and let them dry well in between coats. Doing a thin coat, however was impossible with the brush in these varnishes (all six of them.) Seriously, the brush is not the best. The bristles splayed everyhere, and were scratchy and left lines in the varnish on the nail. My brush on U & I even broke :( Sad times.

That said, once on, these colours are beautiful. I kinda see the collection as three sets of two, the orange and yellow are the brights, the dusty pink and the magenta are the more refined colours, and the purple and blue are the sherbet colours. That said, as a collection, they all work well together.

These lasted well too, which surprised me given their price point of £2. They only started to chip after a couple of days, which to me, is pretty good going. I think if I reapplied my top coat every day, I would have got a bit more wear out of them.

After trying these, I will definately be trying more MUA nail varnishes- for only £1, what's the worst that can happen?

Did you all have a fun Valentine's Day?








No comments:

Post a Comment