Monday 17 September 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 17- Glitter Nails

Yippee! I LOVE glitter nails, and when I saw that there was a glitter day to the challenge, I knew straight away which sparkler I wanted to feature! Behold...



Sea Lore's Ariel layered over China Glaze's Aquadelic.
 



Sea Lore is an indie polish company, headed by Jamie Lohr. There is only seven polishes by Sea Lore at the moment, forming the King Triton's Daughters collection. I wanted all seven polishes, but my bank account simply wouldn't stretch that far, so I picked Ariel. 'Cos y'know, The Little Mermaid was all about Ariel. Man alive, I loved that film! I can remember owning it on VHS and everything. I even wished I had long red hair exactly like Ariel's..

Anyway, childhood reminsicing aside, Ariel polish is a light aqua green jelly with small glass fleck shimmer. It has small circular green glitter, purple hexagonal glitter, and red square glitter. Thats a whole lotta glitter. I wanted to give the glitter a punchy base, so I picked my favourite China Glaze polish, Aquadelic as Ariel's base. They work really well together, as you can see!

And on a separate note, today was a very special day, as my little daughter had her first birthday! Today has been non-stop packed with fun, presents, balloons and cake, but now my sugar high is wearing off, and I'm writing this post with just one eye open. As a parting note, here is a picture of the birthday girl!

 
What a cutie pie!
(Outfit from Next)

1 comment:

  1. I used to go to the swimming pool and imagine I was Ariel. I think the two polishes go very well together!

    ReplyDelete