Wednesday 5 September 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 5- Blue

In yesterday's 31 Day Challenge post, I mentioned that today's challenge would be violet nails. Well, I was wrong. Its blue, and without further ado (a rhyme :D):-


So, this mani is not a straight-up swatch. Oh no, siree! I have blended two Model's Own varnishes to create a unique blend of colour and texture. The two varnishes mixed are Indian Ocean (from the Summer Beetlejuice collection) and Balearic Cool (from the Hed Kandi collection.) I simply dabbed blodges (somewhere between a blob and a splodge!) of varnish onto the nail and used a fine nail art brush to swirl it together. I paid attention to not overmix them, as I didn't want it to look like just one nail varnish on the nail.

Indian Ocean is a beautiful colour shifting varnish however, it is a pain in the @$$ to photograph clearly! The lighting this morning wasn't great either. I have taken lots of pictures in different lightings, so you can see just how the colour in Indian Ocean shifts.

 
Under artificial light.
 

Artificial light- brings out the shimmer!
 


 
Natural light.
 
Both Indian Ocean and Balearic Cool are untrieds. I had to even break the cellophane off them! These pictures really don't do this mani justice, it was waaaay prettier in real life. I hope to do some straight swatches of these soon, especially seen as I have to rest of the Summer Beetlejuice and Hed Kandi collections!
 
Super looking forward to tomorrow's violet challenge! C'mooooon! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment