Thursday 10 January 2013

Budget Beauty: NYC Rock Muse Smoky Top Coat

After all the black glitter I've been rocking on my nails lately, you'd think I'd be bored of it. However, there's something about a particular type of nail polish that spins me out each and every time...

... the jelly finish. 

Oh yeah! NYC's Rock Muse top coat is a jelly all right! They describe it as a top coat which is how I've used it in these pictures. I chose to layer it over a dark grey No7 nail polish called Grey Matter. Have  a look at how gorgeous this polish is. 




 Rock Muse Smoky Top coat has small silver glitter particles and large
hexagonal silver particles suspended in a blackened jelly base.

I love how this polish looks, especially when I did a second coat, making the silver glitter particles in the coat underneath look all smoky due to the jelly finish of the polish. I would love to reswatch this, not as a topcoat, but as a standalone polish so I could really see layers of gorgeous cloudy glitter. 

And the price? £1.99. Yep, this little gem cost lest than a bus ticket in Birmingham! The next time you're in Superdrug, pick this little fella up. I swear, you won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment