Saturday 19 January 2013

New York Color (NYC) HD Color Eyeshadow Quad

Hey guys!

My budget beauty quest continues, and today I have a review of NYC's HD Color Eyeshadow Quad in NY Tribute. I picked this palette because I thought the pinks and purples would suit my green eyes.



Beautiful colors, non? Look at the shimmer in the light purple! 



Some application tips, which I roughly followed.

Here's the look I created:- 





When I first opened this palette and swiped the shadows with my fingers, I was impressed. they seemed nicely and soft, and full of pigment. However, this soft texture was the product's downfall, as the shadows literally crumbled upon application. Fallout, was unfortunately, a huge problem with these. 


In addition to this, as you can see in the photos, the pigment turned out to be not so great on these. I found myself having to use a lot f the darkest purple color to even make it look like I had some eyeshadow on! The best shadow was probably the highlighter shade, as it looked sheer, and not at all chalky.

So overall ,this product wasn't the greatest. In truth, the application was a nightmare. It took me a long time to build up these shadows due to the fallout and lack of pigment. It's such a shame, because if the shadows were pigmented, then the collection of colors would have been really nice. Boo.

The HD Color Eyeshadow quad is £2.99, and is available from Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment