Saturday 26 January 2013

Calendar Nails! - Burns Night

Hey guys!

Ready for some seasonal nail art?!? I am! In a bid to improve my nail art skills, I shall be creating manicures based on calendar holidays, as and when they occur this year. The first one up this year is Burns Night. 

Burns Night is a celebration of the life and poetry Scotsman poet Robert Burns. This event is celebrated on the anniversary of his birthday, the 25th of January. Traditionally, a Burns night supper would include a meal of haggis, neeps and tatties. Yum.

For my take on Burns Night nail art, I opted for a tartan print:-


 
I used MAC Shirelle for the red base color, then I used my Rio Beauty striping pens to do the green and blue stripes. I really wanted to use my gold nail art pen for the dots (to imitate threads), but it was paying hide and seek, so I used my yellow pen instead. My nail art pens are getting kinda lumpy now, its maybe time to invest in some new ones!

I want to do this tartan mani again, but next time, I want to do a pastel tartan print. The new Butter London collection is something I particularly have my eye on!!

FUN FACT! Haggis isn't a real animal. The truth is far worse. It is a meal consisting of sheep's heart, liver and lungs (known as pluck) minced with onion, suet and spices, which is then encased in sheep's stomach and simmered for hours. Ooh err.

Next Calendar Nails!:- 10th February: Chinese New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment