Sunday 20 January 2013

New York Color (NYC) Expert Last Nail Polish

Woo woo! The budget beauty quest rolls on...

Today I have NYC's Expert Last Nail Polish to show you. After really enjoying wearing NYC's Rock Muse Smoky top coat, I was expecting good things from NYC's more expensive polish line. When I say expensive, I mean it's still only £2.49. Their Quick Dry color range is even cheaper at £1.79 a bottle, but more on that to come!

When browsing the Expert Last polishes in Superdrug, I really wanted the glitter top coat, named Gramercy Glitz. I then picked a soft nude pink polish which I could layer the top coat on to. Here's my combination:-


Base color: Oh SoHo Sweet
Glitter top coat: Gramercy Glitz



I never usually go for nudes, much less sheer nudes! That said, I love how squishy Oh SoHo Sweet looks on the nail. Here you see three coats, and there is still some VNL (visible nail line!) I could have applied a fourth layer, but I really don't mind seeing a little bit of nail line, and I didn't want to make the polish look thick/clumpy.

Gramercy Glitz is a fine multi colored glitter suspended in a transparent pink base. I loved how it looked delicate both in the bottle and on the nail, kinda like angel wings. I want to experiment further with Gramercy Glitz and maybe sandwich it with a chunkier glitter in a jelly sandwich mani. Oh yeah!

The formula on both of these was good. Considering how sheer Oh SoHo Sweet is, application was good. I didn't find it to streak, nor did it bald in places, which I sometimes find in sheer polishes. The polishes were also quick to dry which is always a bonus.

You know what? I may just be a nude convert. I had hella lots of compliments at work when wearing this mani today! I will also be checking out the other colors in NYC's Expert Last range. If I remember correctly, I'm sure I saw a pistachio green...

No comments:

Post a Comment