Thursday 10 October 2013

RiRi Hearts MAC Fall: Her Cocoa Quad Pictures and Review

Did you get swept up in he RiRi craze last week. Are you still alive if you did? I had a relatively peaceful experience in collecting my goodies! I arrived at Selfridges Birmingham at 10:15, fifteen minutes after they had opened, expecting long @$$ queues. There were only two people in front of me! A MAC SA asked what I'd like while I was still queuing, and I was paid up and gone within ten minutes. Smooth.

I then visited the MAC store in the city centre. Again, not many people around, although they had already sold out of Talk That Talk lipliner and Diamonds Cream Colour Blush. This was about 10:30 am. However, I managed to get my backup Talk That Talk lipstick, and I was tempted by the SA into buying Her Cocoa eyeshadow quad.

More pictures after the jump!








Her Cocoa quad comprises of four neutral shadows, which compliment each other perfectly for an everyday look. Surprisingly, the individual shadows are not named, but I have read on other blogs and on Specktra that some of these shadows are permanent MAC shadows. Personally, I wasn't too fussed, as my MAC neutral stash leaves a lot to be desired. Additionally, Her Cocoa retails for £33, whereas an individual MAC shadow retails for £12, so I felt like I was getting some value from the palette. 


Her Cocoa Shade 1 (Top Left) 


Her Cocoa Shade 2 (Top Right)


Her Cocoa Shade 3 (Bottom Left)


Her Cocoa Shade 4 (Bottom Right)

All of these shadows had a fair amount of pigmentation, however the darker shades did perform better than the lighter shades. Blending was not an issue with these, they blended well into each other, and blended out well, so there was no harsh shadow lines. They are perfect for what I call a 'watercolour' look, where all the shades blend seamlessly into each other. If you're a fan of more pigmented, bolder neutrals, I highly recommend you trying the Urban Decay Naked palette. 

Here's the look I created with Her Cocoa!





Rockin' a bit of RiRi Woo!

Overall, I do really like Her Cocoa quad. It's great to be able to reach for the palette, and not be overwhelmed with options, which I sometimes feel like when I pull out my UD Naked palette. Her Cocoa is also brilliant for travel, and for someone who wants a pretty, but subtle look for work. 

Do you have any  RiRi Hearts Fall horror stories? Or was your experience relatively peaceful like mine? If you did buy from the collection, what did you buy? Let me know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment