Tuesday 6 May 2014

MAC Alluring Aquatic: pictures and swatches

Its a rare occurrence that the UK receives a MAC collection before the US, but in the case of Alluring Aquatic, we received this collection a whole three weeks before our makeup loving sisters across the Atlantic will.

Since normally collections are released first in the States, I rely heavily on my American (and Canadian) friends to provide me with product pictures, swatches and looks created with the collection items. This enables me to be prepared and create a shopping list, ready for the UK launch!

With Alluring Aquatic, I can return the favor, so I have taken pics of all my Alluring Aquatic haul (its BIG), and swatched all of it, hopefully helping someone, anywhere in the world to select their Alluring Aquatic items, and be ready when it hits their home MAC site!!

***WARNING*** Pic heavy post!!

First up, the LIPSTICKS!!


MAC Enchanted One


MAC Goddess of the Sea


MAC Mystical


MAC Pet Me Please


Enchanted One- mid-tone neutral pink, matte finish.


Goddess of the Sea- vibrant violet, cremesheen finish.


Mystical- mid-tone creamy rose, cremesheen finish.


Pet Me Please- light shimmering mauve, frost finish.

It's very rare that lipgloss grabs my attention, whether by MAC or any other cosmetic brand. The last time I bought any MAC lipglasses was from the Indulge range, last Fall/Autumn.I picked up two from Alluring Aquatic (that's a lot for me!)


MAC Modern Lure


MAC Water Deities


Modern Lure- deep violet pink pearl.


Water Deities- light bronzed pink



Moving on to face products, I was intrigued by the Extra Dimension finish bronzer Aphrodite's Shell, as I was unsure how they'd translate the shimmery Extra Dimension formula into a workable bronzer! I bought both of the Extra Dimension blushes, as I loved Autoerotique from the Magnetic Nude collection.


MAC Aphrodite's Shell- golden bronze with a touch of fine shimmer.


MAC Seduced at Sea- mid-tone neutral plum.


MAC Sea Me, Hear Me- beige pink. 


Sea Me, Hear Me, Seduced at Sea, Aphrodite's Shell

The Extra Dimension eyeshadow formula is gorgeous: intensely pigmented, shimmery and easy to work with on the eye. From Magnetic Nude I picked up three ED eyeshadows, but from this collection I picked up FOUR. Please note, I will be adding a product shot of Sea Worship later today.


MAC Fathoms Deep- deep blue.


MAC Legendary Lure- deep cerulean.


MAC Silver Sun- mid-tone sea foam green.


Silver Sun, Legendary Lure, Fathoms Deep, Sea Worship.

Phew! This has been my biggest MAC haul from a singular collection in the whole time that I've been a makeup addict! I will be creating some looks with the Alluring Aquatic range over the course of the week so keep checking back!

What's on your Alluring Aquatic shopping list? 

1 comment: