Friday 2 May 2014

MAC Head in the Clouds lipstick


Head in the Clouds lipstick

My head is in the clouds most of the time... I'm a real daydreamer by nature, and I'm often planning things in my head, rather than focusing on what actually needs to be done!

That said, when I saw that MAC were releasing another red frost finish lippie so soon after Viva Glam Rihanna (another red frost lipstick), I was left thinking Head in the Clouds would be a skip for me! However, I caved during a MAC Playland restock, and I'm glad I snagged it up, as it is completely different from VG Rihanna. 


Swatch on NC20 skin 

I realized that as well as Head in the Clouds and VG Rihanna, I had two more red frost lipsticks- I must be drawn to them! I have swatched them here for reference:- 



Viva Glam Rihanna is more opaque and much redder than Head in the Clouds. In fact, Head in the Clouds leans quite orange, so I'm really glad I picked it up, as I love me some orange leaning red lipsticks! Scarlet Ibis and Sail La Vie anyone? 

With regards to the two Make Up Academy lipsticks, MUA 1D Be Mine, is very close to VG Rihanna, perhaps a touch darker. MUA Shade 8 has the lovely sparkle that Head in the Clouds has, but is a much deeper red. It's also a complete bargain, at just £1 per tube!



I then had a creative brainwave, and decided to dab a bit of Playland lipstick in the centre of Head in the Clouds, to create an ombre effect. It is LOVE, and I can't wait to be layering Playland over everything!! I think it would particularly good layered over Hi-Def Cyan chromagraphic pencil, or Heroine lipstick. Either way, I shall post them all here!


Playland in the center of Head in the Clouds

As you can tell, I love red lipstick, and hoard it like a crazy woman. Is there any particular beauty item you hoard?

No comments:

Post a Comment