Friday 9 May 2014

MAC Proenza Schouler Collection: pictures & looks

 MAC recently collaborated with design duo Proenza Schouler to create a capsule couture makeup collection. With multi-color packaging housing ombre blushes and summery lipsticks I picked up four items from this gorgeously curated collection. I've created two bright, colorful looks with my items, and wanted to share them here!


MAC x Proenza Schouler lipstick & ombre blush


MAC Mangrove lipstick




MAC Ocean City ombre blush

The first look I created using Mangrove lipstick and Ocean City ombre blush. Mangrove is a bright orange-red lipstick with a Matte finish. If you like previous MAC lipsticks Sail La Vie and Scarlet Ibis, then you will love Mangrove. Ocean City ombre blush is light peach at the top, graduating into a bright, orangey peach at the bottom. 

Mangrove applied beautifully, wore well for five hours, and left a slight stain on my lips. Ocean City has good pigmentation, but it definitely buildable, if you want a brighter look. 





On to the second look!


MAC Pinkfringe lipstick




MAC Sunset Beach ombre blush

So, the second look I created was pink and much softer. I used Pinkfringe lipstick and Sunset Beach ombre blush. Pinkfringe is a flamingo pink with a satin finish. It wasn't as pigmented as Mangrove, and took a couple of swipes to reach full opacity, but it was definitely worth it! 

Sunset Beach was a bit stiff, so be prepared to have to work with this blush a bit. That said, it is buildable and does look lovely on. Just get set to jab at the pan with your brush a little bit!



The star of this collection for me was Mangrove, simply because I didn't have to work too hard with it! That said, I do really like my other items and will continue to use them, even if I do have to spend a little more time with them!!

For my eyes, I did a simple winged eyeliner on top of a champagne shimmery eyeshadow, and a bright, tropical green eyeliner along my bottom lashline. The green liner is called Green Papaya and its by NYX Cosmetics. It is SUPER pigmented and I have no other green liner that is even similar in color! Proof that budget cosmetics can perform just as well as higher end products.


What did you pick up from the MAC x Proenza Schouler collection? Did you have any issues with pigmentation? Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment